HL7 terms: In the HL7 Standard, an Observation Result (ORU) is usually in response to an order and provides clinical observations.
In HL7 messaging, ORU messages provide structured patient-oriented clinical data between systems (e.g., EKG results to a physician’s office). ORU messages also can be used for linking orders and results to clinical trials (e.g., new drugs or new devices).
Clinical observations can include:
- Clinical laboratory results
- Imaging studies (i.e., text)
- EKG pulmonary function studies
Latest posts by Health Standards (see all)
- [#HITsm chat 11.18.16] Celebrate Passing the #HITsm Torch - November 15, 2016
- [#HITsm chat 11.11.16] Change Management in Health IT - November 8, 2016
- [#HITsm chat 11.04.16] Consumers Shopping for Health Care Online - November 2, 2016