HL7 terms to better understand what is HL7. Scheduling Information Unsolicited (SIU) messages are used to communicate information about a patient’s appointment from the hospital scheduling system to a physician or clinic’s practice management system. SIU messages are a part of the HL7 Standard.
The SIU messages are generated by the hospital scheduling system and let a physician know that outpatient services are being requested. It is important for the patient’s medical record to be updated to contain appointment information.
An SIU message can contain the following information:
- Notification of new appointment booking
- Notification of appointment rescheduling
- Notification of cancellation
- Notification of addition, modification, cancellation, discontinuation, or deletion of service or resource on appointment
Latest posts by Health Standards (see all)
- [#HITsm chat 10.28.16] Top 10 Challenges for Healthcare Executives - October 25, 2016
- [#HITsm chat 10.21.16] Clinician Success Stories with Digital Health - October 18, 2016
- [#HITsm chat 10.14.16] Myths about HIPAA and Innovation - October 12, 2016