HL7 terms to better understand what is HL7. Scheduling Information Unsolicited (SIU) messages are used to communicate information about a patient’s appointment from the hospital scheduling system to a physician or clinic’s practice management system. SIU messages are a part of the HL7 Standard.
The SIU messages are generated by the hospital scheduling system and let a physician know that outpatient services are being requested. It is important for the patient’s medical record to be updated to contain appointment information.
An SIU message can contain the following information:
- Notification of new appointment booking
- Notification of appointment rescheduling
- Notification of cancellation
- Notification of addition, modification, cancellation, discontinuation, or deletion of service or resource on appointment
Latest posts by Health Standards (see all)
- [#HITsm chat 11.18.16] Celebrate Passing the #HITsm Torch - November 15, 2016
- [#HITsm chat 11.11.16] Change Management in Health IT - November 8, 2016
- [#HITsm chat 11.04.16] Consumers Shopping for Health Care Online - November 2, 2016