There are several ways to define HL7 Conference:
- A HL7 Working Group Meeting (WGM) that is held three times per year — typically held in January, May, and September.
- A phone call or face-to-face meeting where HL7 specifications are reviewed or exchanged. During this HL7 conference, there is a “meeting of the minds” with respect to the data elements and work flows that will be supported by the HL7 interface.
- A HL7 training session, class, or tutorial that provides in depth coverage of HL7 standard or an overview of HL7 features and functions.
The following two tabs change content below.
Dave Shaver is the CTO for Corepoint Health. Dave has more than 20 years experience in training, consulting, and software development. He’s deeply involved in the HL7 standards community, including co-chair of HL7 Infrastructure and Messaging committee and co-chair of the HL7 FHIR Governance Board.
Latest posts by Dave Shaver (see all)
- HL7 ADT Q&A with Dave Shaver - July 2, 2014
- Health Standards Community Membership Archetypes: Who uses HL7? - August 6, 2013
- Note from the Field: Meditech 6.0 HL7 Integration - September 6, 2011