AuntMinnie.com is running a series on surviving the Deficit Reduction Act (DRA).The first article in the series is entitled Deficit Reduction Act Survival Kit, Part 1 – Leading Your Imaging Center. DRA is driving articles and best practice suggestions on how to enhance the operations of a radiology practice to soften its impact. Some of DRA’s impacts are highlighted in a previous post.
This article focuses on the importance of leadership and culture within an imaging center. Some of the key points include:
- Understand the culture of your radiology practice – organizations with defined cultures generally perform better
- Establish a flexible decision-based framework for gaining consensus
- Lead to motivate people toward a vision and drive change
- Manage, drive, and monitor activities to support the goals
To gain further insights on how to innovate your radiology practice’s approach and enhance your radiology workflow, check out an article that we wrote on turning your imaging practice outside in.
Latest posts by Jon Mertz (see all)
- 5 things I learned in 10 years in healthcare - June 14, 2016
- Millennials on a Mission: Health IT Leader, Jenny Sabol - February 3, 2016
- Giving #HITthanks. Share Your Health IT Gratitude! - November 24, 2014