HL7 terms to better understand what is HL7. In the HL7 standard, Billing Account Record (BAR) messages are used to add or change the patient’s billing account information. Outlined below are the trigger events used to transmit clinical information to the billing accounts.
- BAR^P01: Establishes a patient’s account in billing (usually sent from a registration system)
- BAR^P02: Deletes a patient’s billing/accounts receivable records
- BAR^P05: Updates a patient’s account
- BAR^P06: Notifies that an account is no longer open (i.e., no new charges can accrue to this account)
- BAR^P10: Communicates Ambulatory Payment Classification (APC) grouping