A few news items from the HL7 Working Group meeting being held this week.
- HL7 Version 2.5 is approved as an international standard by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). From the HL7 organization press release:
“We are pleased that HL7’s Version 2.5 is now an international standard,”
said W. Ed Hammond, PhD, chair of the HL7 Board of Directors. “The adoption
of this standard will increase the use of electronic healthcare data because many
countries that use standards mandate the use of ISO standards to share data,
reduce redundancies and improve patient care.”
- New HL7 Board members and volunteers of the year were announced. To read the press release about the new appointments, click here for the PDF. Congratulations to the HL7 Board members and for the all the hard work and dedication of all HL7 volunteers.
Latest posts by Jon Mertz (see all)
- 5 things I learned in 10 years in healthcare - June 14, 2016
- Millennials on a Mission: Health IT Leader, Jenny Sabol - February 3, 2016
- Giving #HITthanks. Share Your Health IT Gratitude! - November 24, 2014