In the world of healthcare standards, the Health IT Standards Committee met today as it continues it discussions and advice to the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) on health IT reform. A few interesting articles and blog posts have been published this week from several leaders involved in moving Meaningful Use and the adoption of healthcare standards forward.
- Life as a CIO Blog by John D. Halamka MD: Adoption and Implementation of Standards post. This blog post came the day before the Health IT Standards Committee meeting.
- iHealthBeat article: Standards Panel Looks to Different Industries for Data Sharing Tips. This article highlights the U.S. Chief Technology Officer and chair of the committee’s standards implementation work group, Aneesh Chopra, direction in reviewing how other industries have implemented data sharing standards and apply those insights to the healthcare industry.
- Healthcare IT News blog by John D. Halamka MD: The October HIT Standards Committee meeting. The blog post highlights the Health IT Standards Committee meeting which just took place.
The above information is helpful to track as the continuing debate, decision, and implementation occurs to pursue the Meaningful Use objectives defined in the HITECH legistion.
Latest posts by Jon Mertz (see all)
- 5 things I learned in 10 years in healthcare - June 14, 2016
- Millennials on a Mission: Health IT Leader, Jenny Sabol - February 3, 2016
- Giving #HITthanks. Share Your Health IT Gratitude! - November 24, 2014