It’s really official today. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) for Health IT officially published their rules in the Federal Register. Go to GPOAccess and type in “Meaningful Use” to download and read the published rules. The clock starts today for the public comment during the next 60 days.
The published rules come in two parts:
- An ONC interim final rule (IFR) covering standards and certification of EHRs
- A notice of proposed rulemaking from CMS defining the Meaningful Use of health IT
For a presentation to use, visit the Life as a Healthcare CIO blog and read the current post entitled Do It Yourself Board Presentation on Meaningful Use.
Latest posts by Jon Mertz (see all)
- 5 things I learned in 10 years in healthcare - June 14, 2016
- Millennials on a Mission: Health IT Leader, Jenny Sabol - February 3, 2016
- Giving #HITthanks. Share Your Health IT Gratitude! - November 24, 2014