There is a good summary article on Meaningful Use published by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine. The research was done by their Senior Editor, Mathew Weinstock. The article is entitled Defining Meaningful Use. The article summarizes several key points for hospitals to consider as they pursue achieving Meaningful Use and offers some details on both the staged requirements and potential approaches.
Some of the key points of the article are:
- Assess where you are today – determine where your hospital stands today in relationship to the guidelines and get your project office ready to pursue various initiatives. As it relates to your project approach, there is a different article entitled HITECH Timelines – Project Management Considerations which is worth consideration.
- Review some of the challenges upfront – the article provides the top 10 challenges as identified by a CSC partner.
- Answer a key question – Do you meet the criteria of a Meaningful User? The article provides a good table of the Stage 1 criteria.
From a hospital IT viewpoint, this is a good article to read, especially given there are hundreds published on this HITECH topic.
Latest posts by Jon Mertz (see all)
- 5 things I learned in 10 years in healthcare - June 14, 2016
- Millennials on a Mission: Health IT Leader, Jenny Sabol - February 3, 2016
- Giving #HITthanks. Share Your Health IT Gratitude! - November 24, 2014