InfoGard is the third ONC-Authorized Testing and Certification Body (ONC-ATCB) announced by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC). So, the three ONC-ATCBs are:
- Certification Commission for Health IT (CCHIT). Read the CCHIT press announcement.
- Drummond Group (DGI). Read the DGI press announcement.
- InfoGard Laboratories. Read the Healthcare IT News article.
As stated by David Blumenthal, M.D., national coordinator for Health Information Technology, in the August 30, 2010 press release:
“Multiple steps are underway to carry out the intent of Congress in supporting rapid and effective adoption of EHRs throughout our health care system… Actual certification of multiple vendors’ systems by the ONC-ATCBs is an important next step… The first incentive payments are targeted to be made in May 2011. Meanwhile, ONC is also carrying out new programs of technical assistance and training, especially for smaller hospitals and physician practices.”
Feel free to explore our HITECH & Meaningful Use topics, and we will continue to provide updates as this, and similar health IT initiatives, continue to unfold.
Latest posts by Jon Mertz (see all)
- 5 things I learned in 10 years in healthcare - June 14, 2016
- Millennials on a Mission: Health IT Leader, Jenny Sabol - February 3, 2016
- Giving #HITthanks. Share Your Health IT Gratitude! - November 24, 2014