Each year, HL7 Standards presents Top #HITsm Contributor Awards to proactive, energetic and optimistic individuals who share the health IT message with their social networks.
These individuals are a noteworthy group of people, proactively defining the future of health IT. As social media leaders, they make up the foundation for the health IT information network on the Internet and are shaping the future of health IT for all of those involved.
Now halfway through 2011, there are a number of folks to watch as we approach the announcement of the 2011 Top #HITsm Contributor Awards in mid-December.
Each of the following Twitter feeds comprise significant voices – individuals and organizations – involved in the development of and commentary on healthcare standards, policy, current events and debates.
HL7 Standards will extend the opportunity to readers and followers to submit nominations for the official 2011 #HITsm Awards in early to mid-December. Readers are asked to consider nominees based on the following characteristics. Eligible recipients of the 2011 #HITsm Award should:
- Understand the health IT community and actively participate in healthcare IT conversations using social media tools. (Special consideration will be given to those who are active under the #HITsm hashtag.)
- Create and/or republish (RTs) quality and relevant content.
- Engage with a noteworthy network of health care and health IT professionals and organizations.
- Encourage other health IT professionals to engage in social media discussions.
*Note: Recipient Klout scores were collected on June 16, 2011.
Without further ado, the following are 25 top #HITsm contributors to watch for 2011:
Individual #HITsm Contributors
- @NateOsit (Klout 65) – Just your average Health IT geek / Implementation Specialist. I talk EMR/EHR, FOSS, HITsm, hcsm & Linux. Passionate about building communities. Team #hcsmvac!
- @KentBottles (Klout 63) – Information Flaneur, Physician, reader of books, airplane traveler, speaker/writer/learner. Wandering around the Internet and the world looking 4 spontaneity
- @HITstrategy (Klout 59) – Visionary Health-Sciences IT Evangelist & Author -‘Health-Science Strategy’ Blog. Views are my own. @Healthstandards 2010 #HITsm Awardee.
- @DrNanN (Klout 57) – Concierge Pediatrician, EHR experimentalist, Fitness enthusiast, Harley rider. Basically, just trying to change the world.
- @westr (Klout 56) – SUNY Upstate Medical Univ. Faculty member bringing Personalized Medicine to Health Care in general, and to Med Students in particular; MedEd 2.0
- @janicemccallum (Klout 56) – Specialize in business models 4 health info. Marketing strategist for healthcare data (secondary uses of EHR data, analytics, patient reported data).
- @motorcycle_guy (Klout 56) – Patient, Healthcare Standards Geek
- @LizaSisler (Klout 52) – Wife, Mother, IT Consulting. Looking for a connected world with collaboration on diagnosis & prescribing where medical records are globally portable. Dreamer?
- @EMRAnswers (Klout 51) – Healthcare Information Technology Consultant. PM Administrator. EMR / EHR Integration Expert. Interoperability Lead for RHIO / HIE. HITsm Geek
- @Zimbarama (Klout 51) – love of Social Media, Health, developing countries, gen y & gen z
- @marcela (Klout 51) – Medical informatics/HCI student, social media for @s4pm,@jourpm, #whypm chat. Follow autism, mental health, mobile/mhealth, ICT4d, Mexico, Lumbee and UX news.
- @jeff1132 (Klout 51) – tech support for healthcare / internet author / avid explorer of experience / loves networking, social media, italian food and all things caffeinated
- @AnnFuller (Klout 49) – Former tech PR leader turned to healthcare. Tweets about social media, tech, health and life.
- @john_chilmark (Klout 48) –IT analyst focusing on consumer-facing HIT. Fanatic cyclist, skier, happiest outdoors
- @SmyrnaGirl (Klout 46) – Social Marketing Director for @billians/@PorterResearch, syndicated blogger for @HITNewsTweet, wife of urban artist entrepreneur, mom of two
- @jimtate (Klout 43) – ONC-ATCB Certification, Meaningful Use, Patient Advocacy, EHR Development and Usability
- @JoAnnKlinedinst (Klout 42) – VP of Professional Development at HIMSS with responsibilities of all things surrounding lifelong learning, networking & engagement in health IT.
Organizational #HITsm Contributors
- @Perficient_HC (Klout 56) – Perficient delivers a dedicated, national and world-class portfolio of IT healthcare solutions that foster consumer wellness and education.
- @HITExchange (Klout 49) – The Health IT Exchange community provides HIT professionals the answers they need from people in the know. Join the conversation! Share. Learn. Connect.
- @NaviNet (Klout 46) – America’s largest real-time healthcare communications network.
- @Payformance (Klout 40) – We help 200,000+ Payers/Providers go green and simplify healthcare payments electronically with PaySpan Health
- @GreenwayMedical (Klout 46) – innovative EHR, ambulatory healthcare and clinical research business solutions and services
- @Carestream (Klout 36) – News from Carestream Health, provider of medical imaging and health IT solutions.
- @UnifiedPIM (Klout 39) – Unified Patient Information Management-a patient-centric approach to managing healthcare data, aligning key stakeholders in the care cycle to improve outcomes.
- @CLOUDHealth (Klout 34) – CLOUD, Inc. Consortium for Local Ownership and Use of Data The Power of People. Connected.
Congratulations to those accounts recognized for their participation. We would also like to extend a special “thank you” to all of those who regularly participate under the #HITsm hashtag.
Continue engaging in great conversations on healthcare and technology!