On Nov. 3 we published a six-question, multiple-choice HIT Quiz on the final ACO regulations, which were released Oct. 20 by The Department of Health and Human Services. (For background reading on the revised rules, see Final rule eases ACO regulations, lifts EHR requirements, from Healthcare IT News.)
Quiz results were definitely a mixed bag.
- Questions two, five and six seemed to give everyone the most trouble; in fact, five and six were answered wrong more times than answered correctly.
- Questions one, three and four were overwhelmingly answered correctly. Keep in mind that Question 1 was a “curveball” since the definition of the ACO acronym was not part of the revised rules (we just wanted everyone to get at least one answer right).
What do the answers show? It’s hard to say, but it’s probably safe to say that we all could learn more about ACO regs, if indeed they remain intact after a pending Supreme Court ruling on the Accountable Care Act, which likely will be announced June 2012.
Correct answers to each question are indicated with a ✓. The percentage that each answer was chosen is also listed.
1. What does ACO stand for?
3% Agency of Clinical Observations
0% Assertive Clinical Organization
0% Affiliated Care Organization
97% ✓Accountable Care Organization
2. The ACO quality measures were reducted from _____ to _____.
32% 112; 87
26% 37; 18
35% ✓65; 33
2% 213; 112
3. ____ is a shared-savings only model for 1st agreement period.
77% ✓Track 1
23% Track 2
4. ACOs with net losses during their first agreement period will be:
3% Barred from continued participation in the ACO.
97% ✓Allowed to be continue but will be accountable for their losses.
5. All providers in an ACO are required to use an EHR.
6. Providers are allowed to participate in _____ ACO(s).
13% 1 to 2
13% 1 to 3
55% an unlimited number of
Latest posts by Chad Johnson (see all)
- Will web APIs and HL7 FHIR change our views on data interoperability? - July 11, 2017
- Passing the #HITsm torch - November 10, 2016
- Video recap: #HITsm at #HIMSS16 - March 17, 2016