The health IT online community – in particular the #HITsm “Twitter community” – continues to grow and consistently produces and shares valuable content related to the industry that would be impossible for one person to find alone. Our weekly #HITsm Tweet Chats continually produce spirited discussion, and the #HITsm hashtag is consistently the #1-ranked healthcare hashtag, as reported by Fox ePractice.
Last year, we decided to have some fun with this growth and created the #HITsm Award to recognize the top 10 Twitter accounts (both individual and organizational) that members of the #HITsm community thought significantly contributed to the online discussion.
It is time for us to begin accepting nominations for the 2011 #HITsm Awards to recognize the people and organizations who lead by actively participating. Please consider the following qualifications when identifying a nominee:
- Understands the health IT community and actively participates in healthcare IT conversations using Twitter.
- Creates and/or republishes (RTs) quality and relevant content.
- Engages with a noteworthy network of health care and health IT professionals and organizations.
- Encourages health IT professionals to engage in Twitter discussions.
Both individual and organizational Twitter account nominations are accepted.
Please email your nominations with “2011 #HITsm Awards” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Twitter ID/name, links to the nominated Twitter account, and a brief explanation on why each nominee deserves an #HITsm Award. Winners will be selected based on a combination of Fox ePractice rankings and Kred and Klout scores.
Nominations will be accepted until noon, Friday, Dec. 16. The official 2011 #HITsm Awards will be published Tuesday, December 20.
Feel free to nominate yourself and others. There is no limit or restrictions on submissions.
Latest posts by Chad Johnson (see all)
- Will web APIs and HL7 FHIR change our views on data interoperability? - July 11, 2017
- Passing the #HITsm torch - November 10, 2016
- Video recap: #HITsm at #HIMSS16 - March 17, 2016