The IHE IT Infrastructure Committee has selected its work items for the next annual cycle. This year, a significant increase in total work made it through the process. To accommodate the extra work, some load balancing will be done and a staggered approach will be applied. Here’s a quick summary of the approved work items:
- RESTful ATNA – Provide a way to query into an ATNA repository through REST. Likely to use the FHIR SecurityEvent resource.
- Alerts targeted at Humans – Send alert messages to one or more recipient.
- RESTful PIX –This is the query transaction from the PIX profile, but using FHIR.
- MHD – Version 2 of MHD. The goal is to get this out to Public Comment in January so that the USA IHE Connectathon can do some limited and targeted testing, under “New Directions”.
- DE-Identification for Family Planning – Takes a QRPH profile on Family Planning, and creates a whitepaper to show how data could be de-identified for Family Planning specific purposes. This will be the first formal use of the De-Identification handbook, and the whitepaper will hopefully benefit others who need to de-identify patient data.
- DSG – Update the Document Digital Signature profile to the current IHE documentation template, and possibly improve it.
- XD* Re-Documentation – This is an effort similar to the Volume 3 cleanup we have done, but this time focused on fixing up Volume 2.
- XDW-XCA – Extend XDW capability so that a workflow can exist across multiple XDS affinity domains. The proposal creates two new supplements: XCDR, a cross-community push, and a cross-community extension to XDW.
- German/French National Extensions – Both Germany and France have provided national extensions to the PAM (Patient Administration) profile.
- Change Proposals – This is ongoing work in every year, but must be managed with the other work items.
See more detail here at John Moehrke’s Healthcare Security/Privacy blog, including links to the detailed proposals. Participation in the development of these work items is encouraged. Learn more about that here.
Latest posts by Ben Levy (see all)
- IHE IT Infrastructure Work Items Selected - November 14, 2014
- Less Than One Week Remains to Provide Input for IHE ITI Supplements - June 30, 2014
- IHE Connectathon – A Chance to Test Interoperability - January 25, 2011