On today’s podcast, we’re talking to Sue Schade, the interim Chief Information Officer at the University Hospital of Cleveland. Previously, Sue was the CIO at the University of Michigan Health System and also the CIO at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. In addition to her career, Sue is also involved with her grandchildren and is an avid blogger.
Sue has a lot of insights on issues that CIOs, both permanent and interim, deal with in hospitals. She also has some great thoughts on gender inequality, on blogging, and on the move to value-based care that many hospitals are thinking about and implementing.
Some of the topics that you’ll hear discussed today include:
- How women act as caregivers, including Sue’s own experience as a grandmother.
- Her thoughts on gender equality in the workplace: How corporations are improving, and where even more improvements can be made.
- The top problems that interim CIOs face.
- Sue’s thoughts on the future of value-based care, as opposed to the fee-for-service model, as well as what this trend means for IT.
- Her experiences with updates and system changes, and also on how she helps staff members through the changes.
- How Sue maintains consistency and comes up with content for her blog on a regular basis.
- The importance of getting leadership advice from a networking group or other means of support.
Links and Resources:
If you’ve enjoyed today’s podcast, please subscribe on iTunes!
Quotes by Sue:We need to start very early to encourage girls in science and math. Click To Tweet Try to blog at least weekly.... If you start blogging, you will see the world differently. Click To Tweet
Latest posts by Health Standards (see all)
- [#HITsm chat 10.21.16] Clinician Success Stories with Digital Health - October 18, 2016
- [#HITsm chat 10.14.16] Myths about HIPAA and Innovation - October 12, 2016
- [#HITsm chat 10.07.16] Social Media in Healthcare Today - October 5, 2016